Things like this are thankfully few and far between in my daily experience, but they make me want to vomit up every last ounce of flesh and blood that makes me a human being.
Is it any wonder that I reject things? I will reject pride and I will reject honor and I will reject religion and I will reject nationality and I will reject culture and I will reject anything that would break my capacity to treat another human being as my equal. I don't care if these are the things we revel in and the sources of our passion for living. Passion isn't worth this.
Sometimes I will half-seriously say to someone that I have no morals. I don't want morals and values (in the sense of "right over wrong"--"good over bad" is acceptable, provisionally) because that means when I'm right, someone else is wrong, and that makes me no better than these people. Righteousness kills. I am terrified of people who are sure they are right and fear nothing more than becoming one of them.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I SO SUPPORT NOT HAVING MORALS TO AVOID HURTING PEOPLE.
But you do see how you have no morals and condemn people who are righteous...it's a problem.
What's funny is how you contradict yourself. You say you don't have any morals, but this outrage, this disgust, this condemnation - what is it if not a sense of morality?
Post a Comment