Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Boyfriend in a Coma

Life is much different now. I wake up early and go to sleep early. I work and think about health insurance and grad school. And the old lonely way is gone. Imagine a child who was born asleep and does not wake for twenty-two years. When he finally does he finds his eyes and limbs are not his. They have always been his. They speak foreign languages. But that story is no longer solely mine to tell...

This much I will say, however: we will continue to show up at your parties, drink your beer and read your poetry collections, and then leave without speaking to any of your friends. It seems I will be warm this winter. Now if I could only figure out how to walk.

Boston in a month with M. Some part of me realizes the speed at which things are progressing, developing, and forming is insane. But I made up my mind to not draw lines. That would be letting myself off too easy.

2 comments:

Lucien said...

yay

Jezzica said...

When y'all come for a visit and we go on a double date it's going to be as fully awesome and totally fucking weird as when Thom and I double date with his parents. HAPPY FAMILY!!!