Sunday, March 30, 2008

From My Boat

I slacked off again; this usually means I'm processing, and this time is no exception. There is no good news, but that's okay. There's much for me to think about and to write about, and these are synonymous to a degree; I'll take care of that when it's not 3AM. There are many reasons I can't get to sleep on time these days. The drunk kids whooping somewhere in the building next door are just one of them.

Last night I saw Thrushes open for The Raveonettes at Ottobar. Talked to Casey afterward and confirmed my Thrushes remix was going to be on the CD being released in May (record release party May 10). They did end up axing 6 of the 12 remixes they received; I was relieved they decided to keep my track, since I didn't make much of an effort trying to get people to vote for it on the website. Sarah was at the show; so was Lauren, and their friends Amy and Avi. Lauren and I bonded over how cute The Raveonettes' touring drummer was, drawing in the scum on the tour van's windows outside, and then I stole her fedora, twice.

Then I came home, fell asleep, and had a strange dream involving tall buildings, the night, Steve, and Sarah. Woke up this morning to Mew's "156." Strangely appropriate, not just in terms of my personal history, but also in light of the music video:



Or maybe this is just another one of those instances where I say and think things that don't make sense to anyone else. I've been told this is an issue.

No comments: