Day 3 at Hilton Head. Not much happens in a day: all I did today was lie on the beach and listen to Fennesz. Tonight we played mini golf on a rather frustrating pirate-themed course. There were various signs throughout the 18 holes narrating the story of Captain Kidd--the sum moral of which appeared to be, "don't be a pirate or you will be hanged." Yikes. Way to ruin the mood.
Got a message from Casey from Thrushes today. Seems he and Rachel have started a side project, called Magnetic Hearts, and they might want me to help out on beats. These days I'm in the habit of signing up for things first and worrying about getting them done later. We'll see where this takes us.
Watched Beach House's "Heart of Chambers" video again for the first time in a while, and it reminded me of winter. I've always felt more of an intimate relationship with winter, though I love summer as well. The light and warmth of summer makes contacting the world seem not so daunting, and I feel a bit more connected with the people and possibilities around me; winter, however, is a more personal thing, and though I tend to feel more lonely, I can almost wrap the season around me like a favorite coat, and thus be kept from the cold. Is it really such a wonder that I change with the seasons?
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
One of the last things I did before graduating was talk to Ms. Scaly aka Beach House's Mom, who asked if we were "still fans" of Beach House, despite the fact that they have abandoned Baltimore for Europe. Baltimore is one big family and possibly one big family romance.
Congrats on the beats!!!!!
Post a Comment