Chicago:
1. New(?) Slint song, or just a really good jam session, at the end of the Spiderland set.
2. Sonic Youth's Daydream Nation show was the best of the 3 Sonic Youth concerts I've seen so far. Phoned in "Providence" to Jessica. I feel like the entire reason I came here was for Friday night.
3. Met my Physiology TA's college roommate/Writing MFA, IFP TA/drummer friend Joe on the bus to Pittsburgh because of my Mogwai shirt. Had a 5.5hr conversation about everything from the shittiness of Protools (also the unavailability of cracked DAWs for Macs--making me rethink my plans of one day buying a MacBook Pro) to the arrogance of Writing undergrads (he said it, not me). Definitely a critical-minded and -mouthed person. Key quote: "If you think you know what you're doing, you've lost the plot a bit."
4. Met half-Egyptian, looks-all-white Sheri(sp?) dancing at the Fujiya & Miyagi set, who'd driven up from Alabama, where she was studying nursing, with four of her friends stuffed into an old 2-door Honda Accord with the Pitchfork symbol painted onto the rear windshield and camped out on the ground outside the park on Friday night. Wandered around with her for a while yesterday.
5. Racing on the highway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland with Maura.
6. Girl Talk sets are hard to breathe in.
Trying to pretend for a few days the previous few weeks never happened. It's going well so far. Going to see The Field tonight, but missed my chance to see Aleta & co. in Geneva (it would've taken 5 hours, and thus, more hours than I had between waking up and having to go to the show).
We'll see what I am when I return.
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment