In Rainbows Day +1: officially better than Hail to the Thief, edging out Amnesiac, possibly equal to The Bends.
In other news, what appears to be a survey about high school:
1. Who was your best friend?
Patrick and Ben, until they got kicked out of school. Then Andrew. Emily, Fiona, and Alice were often around, as well.
2.What sports did you play/ extra curricular activities?
a. Intramurals that I didn't care about, and kayaking! (Never did master rolls, though.)
b. The Lit, first writer, then exec. editor.
3. What kind of car did you drive?
Boarding school/never owned a car.
4. It's Friday night, where were you?
I don't remember...probably running around with Andrew and Zach, or something.
5. Were you a partier?
Only during weekends and breaks senior year, in rural pastures far, far from campus.
6. Were you considered a flirt?
Ha!
7. Ever skip school?
You can't "skip school" if you live there.
8. Were you a nerd?
I was too inconsistent and confused to be a nerd.
where's #9?.....I know, but I won't tell, because that's just way too cheesy.
10. Did you get suspended/expelled
Not even close.
11. Can you sing the fight song?
I sort of remember the melody, except for the last line, and only the first line of words...why I remember even that much is beyond me.
12. Who was your favorite teacher?
John Gaffney, though I slacked off and got Cs from him. Leita Hamill. John Shilts was fun times as well.
13. Favorite class?
AP Physics C (Gaffney)/Postmodern Literature (Hamill)/Makers of the Modern Mind (Shilts)
14. What was your school's full name?
The Lawrenceville School. Note: not "Lawrence Prep."
15. School mascot?
Red...the color red...I don't know.
16. Did you go to Prom?
Yes, for what it was worth.
17. If you could go back and do it over, would you?
If I couldn't keep the lessons I learned (which I don't expect I would be allowed to), I'd probably make all the same mistakes...what's the point?
18. What do you remember most about graduation?
Being severely sleep-deprived. I remember more about the afternoon and evening post-ceremony: going with Uncle Bill and Aunt Susan (surrogate familial elements) to Andrew's catered graduation party, falling asleep in the basement while trying to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail, returning to Upper with Andrew &al and frantically trying to empty my room while Mills glared at the lot of us...that last fiasco kind of ruined dramatic endings for me.
19. Favorite memory?
There's simply no way to summarize this. Nonspecific moments: Eric's room/Ben's room (first incarnation), the library sun room and CD collection raids at night, diners with Andrew, Emily &al, Lit meetings... Specific moments: chasing cows and drifting into my first drunken daze beside a bonfire in Virginia, drunk on rum watching the sun rise over the Atlantic on the Jersey shore, wandering the same shore at night in total darkness...
20. Where were you on senior skip day?
I've absolutely no clue.
21. Did you have a job your senior year?
Boarding school?
22. Where did you go most often for lunch?
Cafeteria (boarding school)
23. Have you gained weight since then?
Pretty much remained the same.
24. What did you do after graduation?
Oops, I think I already answered this question.
25. When did you graduate?
2004.
26. Who was your Senior prom date?
Alice...to be honest, it was a little strange and awkward.
27. Are you going to your 10 year reunion?
If I'm alive and not on the run from the law, why not?
28. Who was your home room teacher?
No such thing, but my housemaster in Hamill was Gary Baldwin, and Jeff Streeter was assistant. (Forget Mills.)
29. Who will repost this after you?
Satan!
30. Who was President of your class?
Teddy Tu. Taiwanese guy, my mom tried to get me to make connections with him when I first arrived. Unfortunately I didn't really like the guy a whole lot, a fact which hasn't changed over the years, and I haven't spoken to him since high school, except the time we happened to be on the same flight back from Taiwan (freshman year winter break, I think) and I ran into him and Nick Francona during the layover at Anchorage International Airport (!?)
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment