I have finished with fall semester. Sent out my Proteins & Nucleic Acids final this afternoon at 4. Five single-spaced pages on RNA structure and nucleic acid-protein interactions. Stayed awake all but three and a half hours last night and today finishing it.
This semester...it was a compromise. I had to split my time between class, applications, and research paper writing. The latter two actually turned out fairly well so far, but the first paid the cost. I just hope I don't get any terribly embarrassing grades. Computational Biology was the greatest hit, I think; all the theory, both of the computation and ensemble dynamics, was fascinating, and Patrick Fleming is one of the nicest professors I've taken a class with, even within the super-nice Biophysics department. One of those guys who's so genuinely kind and idealistic it makes you feel guilty. On the flip side, I am never taking anything with Physiology in its name again.
I'm tired now; I'll write a more comprehensive review of the semester later.
I am becoming far too emotionally attached to this Stars of Track and Field album. In a different life, I probably would've denounced it as sappy indie pop, but in this life I am a sucker. Does it matter? Am I wasting my time? How can I be wasting my time when I don't even have any time left to waste?
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment