Sunday, November 25, 2007

Because I Finished My Personal Statement, I Allow Myself This

Ye olde song titles survey. Except more so.

I. Radiohead version
Are you male or female: Faithless, the Wonder Boy
Describe yourself: The Tourist
How do some people feel about you: Optimistic
Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: I Might Be Wrong
Describe your current boyfriend/girlfriend: (Nice Dream)
Describe your friends: Weird Fishes
Describe what you want to be: Fitter Happier [Har har.]
Describe how you live: Kinetic
Describe how you love: How to Disappear Completely
Describe your roommate: Spooks [It's cool, E.]
Describe your parents: Life in a Glasshouse
Describe where you want to be: Everything In Its Right Place
Describe your dreams: Lucky
One thing you want to say to someone: Big Ideas (Don't Get Any) [Yes, I realize it's called something else now.]

II. The Smiths version
Are you male or female: This Charming Man
Describe yourself: The Boy with the Thorn in His Side
How do some people feel about you: Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: I Know It's Over
Describe your current boyfriend/girlfriend: I Want the One I Can't Have
Describe your friends: Shoplifters of the World
Describe what you want to be: You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby
Describe how you live: Frankly, Mr. Shankly
Describe how you love: There Is a Light that Never Goes Out
Describe your roommate: Vicar in Tutu [He's got a pretty big closet, might be one back there for all I know.]
Describe your parents: Barbarism Begins at Home [Not really.]
Describe where you want to be: London
Describe your dreams: Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me [It does happen.]
One thing you want to say to someone: A Rush and a Push and the Land is Ours

III. Mission of Burma version
Are you male or female: Man in Decline
Describe yourself: Good, Not Great
How do some people feel about you: Absent Mind
Describe your ex boyfriend/girlfriend: What We Really Were
Describe your current boyfriend/girlfriend: Untitled
Describe your friends: Fun World
Describe what you want to be: Max Ernst
Describe how you live: Careening With Conviction
Describe how you love: Let Yourself Go
Describe your roommate: Outlaw
Describe your parents: Foreign Country
Describe where you want to be: Progress
Describe your dreams: 1001 Pleasant Dreams
One thing you want to say to someone: OK, No Way

No comments: